Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Honeymoon Attire

There is nothing I love more than a vacation! Joe and I have our honeymoon coming up this Summer, however he will not tell me where we are going! I contemplated packing for every possible temperature for a while however I decided that I would instead stick with packing for a warm climate with fingers crossed that I will be right. I figure I can always do a little shopping where ever we arrive if the weather is cooler than expected. 


I absolutely love planning out a myriad of different outfits and imagining how I can mix and match them to ensure I'll be able to fit everything into my carry-on and not have to check two extra bags! I plan on packing pretty light and sticking to the bare essentials as I didn't want to tote much around - a few pairs of sandals, a big beach tote, shorts and tees, several sundresses, a few long necklaces and a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. This is all I need to be comfortable for lounging on the beach, going out at night and everything in between.

Below is a peek at what would be at the top of my list. 
What are your packing essentials?



 A cute summer hat, my Raybans, and hopefully a six pack!
An extra scarf, some versatile shorts, a cute one shoulder top.
My beloved Feed Bag, this large burlap bag reads "FEED the Children of the World" on one side and "1" on the reverse, indicating that each bag will provide one child in Africa school lunch for an entire year.
Something to keep my hair manageable at the pool..
 An array of lightweight Summer clothing I can mix and match with soft pastels, warm corals, strappy sandals, etc.
The evening maxi dress, something for going out in style. I love wearing long pale dresses rather than little black dresses while on vacation because they show off tan skin beautifully. 
 The daytime swimsuit, something bright and eye catching for lounging at the pool.
The evening suit, for a late night swim or to cover up a sunburn if I get toasted in the sun the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment